Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Food in my American experience!!

      When I was in Taiwan I liked to eat American food very much. But I always had meals at home, so it means I like to choose American restaurants when I was going out for meals. After I came to Chicago, in the first two months I felt very happy. Because I could see and eat American style food anywhere anytime, such as Hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. I thought that was great, everything in the street is my favorite food. I regretted soon, I felt I really miss Chinese food. I started to find Chinese restaurant here in Chicago. I think compare to American food, Chinese food are much more diversified.
       Chinese food has many ways to cook, such us frying, boiling, stir frying and steaming. Sometimes we will use two or three ways to cook the same dish, that makes dishes have more flavors. The variety of food is the reason why I like Chinese food a lot. For example when you get into a Chinese restaurant you will see plenty of choices on the menu that you can choose for your meal. So, I always spent a lot of time for choosing what kind of dish that I want to eat today. But in American restaurant I just sit down and think hamburgers, hot dogs or pasta which do I want today. That is the most different point between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment